Search our Archives for press releases from other collectibles:
- All Press Releases
- Art Press Releases
- Coin Press Releases
- Comics Press Releases
- Currency Press Releases
- Domain Names & Intellectual Property Press Releases
- Entertainment Press Releases
- Historical Press Releases
- Jewelry, Timepieces & Luxury Accessories
- Movie Poster Press Releases
- Real Estate Press Releases
- Sports Press Releases
- Wine Press Releases
Press Release - December 18, 2020
10-Carat Diamond Ring Boosts Heritage Holiday Fine Jewelry Auction Above $5 MillionColombian Emerald, Diamond and White Gold earrings bring $62,500 to lead Property of an Exclusive Texas Jewelry Salon
DOWNLOAD DIGITAL PRESS KIT
"Spectacular jewelry is expected to bring exceptional results, and these did just that," said Jill Burgum, Senior Director of Fine Jewelry at Heritage Auctions. "It's always a thrill to offer beautiful pieces, regardless of the time of year, but even more so as the holidays approach. It's hard to imagine a more gratifying gift than many of the beautiful jewels in this sale."
The stunning Fancy Light Pink Diamond, Colored Diamond, Diamond, Rose Gold Ring, M. Pharo that finished with the auction's top price features a cushion-shaped fancy light pink diamond weighing 10.02 carats, surrounded by full-cut pink and near-colorless diamonds weighing a total of approximately 3.00 carats, set in 18k rose gold, marked M Pharo.
An extraordinary Edwardian Fancy Gray-Blue Diamond, Diamond, Platinum Ring drew 19 bids before it finished at $275,000. It features a circular brilliant-cut fancy gray-blue diamond weighing 1.36 carats, flanked by single-cut diamonds, set in platinum.
A dazzling Fancy Intense Yellow Diamond, Diamond, Gold Ring, impressive in both beauty and scale, also sparked numerous bids until it reached a final price of $206,250. It features an oval-shaped diamond weighing 12.75 carats, enhanced by full-cut diamonds, set in 18k gold.
A beautiful Colored Diamond, Diamond, Platinum Ring prompted 32 bids before finding a new home at $162,500. The ring features a cut cornered square brilliant-cut greyish-blue diamond weighing approximately 1.25 carats, flanked by full-cut pink diamonds weighing a total of approximately 0.50 carat, enhanced by full-cut diamonds weighing a total of approximately 1.20 carats, set in platinum.
A gorgeous Ceylon Color-Change Sapphire, Diamond, Gold Ring, Julius Cohen, from the Joanna M. Champlin Trust, caught the eyes of eager bidders who submitted 34 bids before it went for $100,000 – 10 times the low pre-auction estimate. The centerpiece is a cushion-shaped sapphire weighing 28.09 carats, enhanced by square step-cut diamonds weighing a total of 3.71 carats, set in 18k gold, marked Julius Cohen.
The subject of another round of competitive bidding, a brilliant Diamond, Platinum Ring kept climbing until it closed at $100,000. The ring centers an emerald-cut diamond measuring weighing 5.39 carats, flanked by emerald-cut diamonds, one weighing 1.80 carats, and one 1.68 carats, set in platinum.
The auction included 119 lots from the Property of an Exclusive Texas Jewelry Salon. The extraordinary collection featured everything from diamonds to colored gems to pearls and watches. Highlights from the collection included, but were not limited to:
· A pair of Colombian Emerald, Diamond, White Gold Earrings, RCM: $62,500
· A Diamond, White Gold Ring: $36,250
· A Zambian Emerald, Diamond, Colored Diamond, Opal, Gold Ring: $22,500
· A pair of Diamond, White Gold Earrings: $21,250
· A Diamond, Gold Bracelet: $20,625
· A South Sea Cultured Pearl, Diamond, White Gold Necklace: $20,000
· A Diamond, White Gold Eternity Band: $20,000
· A South Sea Cultured Pearl, White Gold Necklace: $18,750
· A pair of Diamond, White Gold Earrings: $16,250
· Tanzanite, Diamond, White Gold Ear Pendants: $13,750
Other top lots included, but were not limited to:
A Diamond, White Gold Ring, Valentin Magro: $75,000
· A Burma Pink Sapphire, Diamond, Gold Ring: $56,250
· A Diamond, Gold Necklace: $46,250
· A Ceylon Sapphire, Diamond, White Gold Ring, Dyach: $42,56.50
· A Diamond, Gold Ring, Julius Cohen: $42,500
· A Diamond, Cultured Pearl, Platinum Necklace, Linz: $42,500
· A Diamond, Black Onyx, Platinum, Gold Necklace, Van Cleef & Arpels: $42,500
· A Diamond, Emerald, Onyx, White Gold Ring, Cartier, French: $37,500
· A Piaget Lady's Diamond, Opal, White Gold Integral Bracelet Watch: $37,500
For complete results, visit HA.com/5504.
Heritage Auctions is the largest fine art and collectibles auction house founded in the United States, and the world's largest collectibles auctioneer. Heritage maintains offices in New York, Dallas, Beverly Hills, San Francisco, Chicago, Palm Beach, London, Paris, Geneva, Amsterdam and Hong Kong.
Heritage also enjoys the highest Online traffic and dollar volume of any auction house on earth (source: SimilarWeb and Hiscox Report). The Internet's most popular auction-house website, HA.com, has more than 1,250,000 registered bidder-members and searchable free archives of five million past auction records with prices realized, descriptions and enlargeable photos. Reproduction rights routinely granted to media for photo credit.
Steve Lansdale, Public Relations Specialist
- Past Auction Values (prices, photos, full descriptions, etc.)
- Bid online
- Free Collector newsletter
- Want List with instant e-mail notifications
- Reduced auction commissions when you resell your
- Cash Advances
- More Bidders
- Trusted Experts
- Over 200,000 Satisfied Consignors Since 1976
HA.com receives more traffic than any other auction house website. (Source: Similarweb.com)