Search our Archives for press releases from other collectibles:
- All Press Releases
- Art Press Releases
- Coin Press Releases
- Comics Press Releases
- Currency Press Releases
- Domain Names & Intellectual Property Press Releases
- Entertainment Press Releases
- Historical Press Releases
- Jewelry, Timepieces & Luxury Accessories
- Movie Poster Press Releases
- Real Estate Press Releases
- Sports Press Releases
- Wine Press Releases
Press Release - September 8, 2021
Elusive Hermes Himalayan Crocodile Birkin Could Exceed $100,000 at Heritage Auctions
|Chanel, Louis Vuitton, Christian Dior, Gucci also among featured designers in September event
DOWNLOAD DIGITAL PRESS KIT
An Hermès 30cm Matte White Himalayan Niloticus Crocodile Birkin Bag with Palladium Hardware, the incredibly rare and most desirable handbag ever created, is coming up in Heritage Auctions' Autumn Luxury Accessories event happening Sept 26.
The bag, in Like New condition, carries a pre-auction estimate of $80,000-100,000. It features the rarest of materials, the Nile crocodile, as well as two rolled handles, along with a flap top with a turnlock closure. Its interior is done in Gris Cendre Chevre Leather, featuring one zip pocket and one slip pocket. It also includes two keys, a lock and a clochette.
"The Himalayan Birkin is the pinnacle of rarity, artistry and luxury created by the house of Hermès, which is as much a work of art as it is functional," Heritage Auctions Luxury Accessories Director Diane D'Amato said. "The centerpiece of any collection, the Himalayan Birkin effortlessly embodies the beauty of the elusive Himalayan mountains with their gradated colorations of matte white to soft grey.
"The popularity and demand for this bag continue to reach new heights. "
"The renowned Himalayan Birkin Bags by Hermès have frequented conversations in fashion, business and luxury circles alike, and yet these storied bags remain as elusive as the marvelous snow-capped mountains themselves," Heritage Auctions Luxury Accessories Cataloger and Special Projects Coordinator Tiffany Lee said. "This style of Birkin garnered its reputation as the 'Holy Grail Bag' for the exceptional artistry and taxing skill behind its construction and design, together with its very limited production and being offered only to a select number of the House's top clients.
"This bag is a fantastic testament to Hermès' esteemed ateliers and Luxury as whole, and we at Heritage Luxury are so very proud to offer this in this year's highly anticipated Autumn Signature Auction with one of the most phenomenal colorations and conditions we've seen thus far."
Earlier in 2021, Heritage sold an Hermès 30cm Matte White Himalayan Niloticus Crocodile Birkin Bag with Palladium Hardware for $137,500.
Other top Hermès lots in the auction include, but are not limited to:
• A 35cm Matte Vert Fonce Porosus Crocodile Birkin Bag with Palladium Hardware (estimate: $35,000-40,000)
• An Exceptional 25cm Fuschia Lizard Birkin Bag with Palladium Hardware (estimate: $30,000-40,000)
• A 35cm Shiny Miel Porosus Crocodile Birkin Bag with Gold Hardware (estimate: $30,000-40,000)
• A Shiny Rose Scheherazade Alligator Kelly Pochette Bag with Palladium Hardware (estimate: $28,000-34,000)
• A Blue Tempete Ostrich Kelly Pochette Bag with Palladium Hardware (estimate: $14,000-18,000)
The auction also features includes an exceptional array of options from other designers, including but not limited to:
• A Chanel Silver Swarovski Crystal Mini Flap Bag with Silver Hardware (estimate: $4,000-6,000)
• A Chanel Black Quilted Calfskin Leather Bi Classic Belt Bag with Light Gold Hardware (estimate: $4,000-6,000)
• A Chanel Multi-Color Quilted Fabric Foulard XL Flap Bag with Silver Hardware (estimate: $4,000-6,000)
• A Louis Vuitton Limited Edition Monogram Coated Canvas Sac Coeur Heart Bag (estimate: $4,000-5,000)
• A Louis Vuitton Pink & Yellow By The Pool Skimboard (estimate: $4,000-5,000)
• A Louis Vuitton Limited Edition Monogram Coated Canvas Monkey Keepall XS Bag (estimate: $3,400-4,400)
• A Chanel Gunmetal Perforated Calfskin Leather Medium Boy Bag with Ruthenium Hardware (estimate: $2,500-3,500)
• A Chanel Vintage Beige Quilted Caviar Leather Jumbo Flap Bag with Gold Hardware (estimate: $2,500-3,500)
• A Louis Vuitton Limited Edition Monogram Coated Canvas Scarecrow Keepall XS Bag (estimate: $2,400-2,800)
For images and information about all lots in the auction, visit HA.com/5520.
Heritage Auctions is the largest fine art and collectibles auction house founded in the United States, and the world's largest collectibles auctioneer. Heritage maintains offices in New York, Dallas, Beverly Hills, San Francisco, Chicago, Palm Beach, London, Paris, Geneva, Amsterdam and Hong Kong.
Heritage also enjoys the highest online traffic and dollar volume of any auction house on earth (source: SimilarWeb and Hiscox Report). The Internet's most popular auction-house website, HA.com, has more than 1,400,000 registered bidder-members and searchable free archives of five million past auction records with prices realized, descriptions and enlargeable photos. Reproduction rights routinely granted to media for photo credit.
For breaking stories, follow us: HA.com/Facebook and HA.com/Twitter. Link to this release or view prior press releases.
Steve Lansdale, Public Relations Specialist
- Past Auction Values (prices, photos, full descriptions, etc.)
- Bid online
- Free Collector newsletter
- Want List with instant e-mail notifications
- Reduced auction commissions when you resell your
- Cash Advances
- More Bidders
- Trusted Experts
- Over 200,000 Satisfied Consignors Since 1976
HA.com receives more traffic than any other auction house website. (Source: Similarweb.com)