Search our Archives for press releases from other collectibles:
- All Press Releases
- Art Press Releases
- Coin Press Releases
- Comics Press Releases
- Currency Press Releases
- Domain Names & Intellectual Property Press Releases
- Entertainment Press Releases
- Historical Press Releases
- Jewelry, Timepieces & Luxury Accessories
- Movie Poster Press Releases
- Real Estate Press Releases
- Sports Press Releases
- Wine Press Releases
Press Release - December 15, 2017
Heritage’s Holiday Fine Jewelry Auction Soars Beyond $5 MillionDiamond rings headline top lots
"The demand for diamonds and gemstones like these is exceptionally strong," Heritage Jewelry Senior Director Jill Burgum said. "The quality of the pieces we had in this auction was reflected in the number of bidders who went after different lots, as well as in the exceptional returns the pieces brought in at the auction block."
Leading the way was a Fancy Light Yellow Diamond, Diamond, Gold Ring, featuring a 22.08-carat cut-cornered rectangular modified brilliant-cut fancy light yellow diamond, which realized $324,500. A Fancy Yellow Diamond, Diamond, Gold Ring with a 10.89-carat fancy yellow pear-shaped diamond went for $162,500. Other top diamond lots included a Diamond, Gold Ring that hammered at $137,500 and a Diamond, Platinum Ring, which brought $75,000.
The 10.89-carat pear-shaped diamond ring and a Diamond, Rose Gold Bracelet, Bvlgari ($33,750) were two of more than 40 lots that were sold to benefit a scholarship fund held by the Texas A&M Foundation.
Other top lots included a Fancy Green-Blue Diamond, Colored Diamond, Platinum, Rose Gold Ring that realized $62,500, a Ruby, Diamond, Silver-Topped Gold Brooch that brought $45,000 and a Ceylon Padparadscha Sapphire, Diamond, Platinum Ring, which sold for $42,500.
The auction included several lots by notable designer Van Cleef & Arpels, including:
· Mother-of-Pearl, Agate, White Gold Necklace, Van Cleef & Arpels, French from the Magic Alhambra Collection: $18,750
· Diamond, White Gold Ring, Van Cleef & Arpels, French from the Frivole Collection: $16,250
· Malachite, Gold Necklace, Van Cleef & Arpels from the Alhambra Collection: $13,750
Other top lots included, but were not limited to:
· Diamond, White Gold Ring: $42,500
· Lucida® Diamond, Platinum Ring, Tiffany & Co.: $37,500
· Alexandrite, Diamond, Platinum, Gold Ring: $31,250
· Art Deco Diamond, Platinum Bracelet, Cartier: $27,500
· Pink Sapphire, Diamond, Platinum Ring: $25,000
· Diamond, White Gold Necklace: $25,000
Heritage Auctions is the largest fine art and collectibles auction house founded in the United States, and the world's largest collectibles auctioneer. Heritage maintains offices in New York, Dallas, Beverly Hills, San Francisco, Chicago, Palm Beach, London, Paris, Geneva, Amsterdam and Hong Kong.
The Internet's most popular auction-house website, HA.com, has over one million registered bidder-members, and searchable free archives of four million past auction records with prices realized, descriptions and enlargeable photos. Reproduction rights routinely granted to media for photo credit.
Steve Lansdale, Public Relations Specialist
- Past Auction Values (prices, photos, full descriptions, etc.)
- Bid online
- Free Collector newsletter
- Want List with instant e-mail notifications
- Reduced auction commissions when you resell your
- Cash Advances
- More Bidders
- Trusted Experts
- Over 200,000 Satisfied Consignors Since 1976
HA.com receives more traffic than any other auction house website. (Source: Similarweb.com)