Search our Archives for press releases from other collectibles:
- All Press Releases
- Art Press Releases
- Coin Press Releases
- Comics Press Releases
- Currency Press Releases
- Domain Names & Intellectual Property Press Releases
- Entertainment Press Releases
- Historical Press Releases
- Jewelry, Timepieces & Luxury Accessories
- Movie Poster Press Releases
- Real Estate Press Releases
- Sports Press Releases
- Wine Press Releases
Press Release - September 2, 2020
Hermès Crocodile Birkin Could Snag $60K+ at Heritage AuctionsLuxury Accessories event also features limited-edition wicker bags
DOWNLOAD DIGITAL PRESS KIT
"Travel this season is very sophisticated, stylish and chic,” Heritage Auctions Luxury Accessories Director Diane D'Amato said. "This auction has an array of bags that are perfect for your next getaway, bags that are useful as well as romantic and luxurious.”
The Hermès 60cm Miel Porosus Crocodile Birkin Bag with Palladium Hardware (estimate: $40,000-60,000) is a beautiful bag offering the ideal combination of subtle brilliance and style. Done in Miel Porosus Crocodile with Palladium hardware, it features two rolled handles and a flap top with a turnlock closure, while the interior is in Miel Chevre leather. The bag includes a lock, two keys and a clochette.
An Hermès Limited Edition 35cm Fauve Barenia Leather & Osier Wicker Kelly Picnic Bag with Palladium Hardware (estimate: $36,000-40,000) rides a surge in demand for high-end wicker. Done in Fauve Barenia leather and Osier Wicker with Palladium hardware, it offers one top handle and a flap top with a turnlock closure; the Fauve Chevre leather interior includes three slip pockets. The Hermès Jaune de Naples Swift Leather and Osier Wicker Kelly Mini II Picnic with Palladium Hardware (estimate: $20,000-30,000) that is also included in the sale, boasts both an interior and exterior done in Jaune de Naples Swift leather and Osier wicker with Palladium hardware. It also features a top handle, along with a removable shoulder strap and a flap top with a turnlock closure. Both come from limited production runs and therefore are extremely difficult to find.
The Hermès Limited Edition 50cm Bleu de Prusse Togo Leather "Endless Road" HAC Birkin Bag with Palladium Hardware (estimate: $35,000-40,000) is an impressive work of art, with pieces of the Bleu de Prusse Leather arranged to form a beautiful landscape design on all four side of the bag; the back shows a river flowing from a range of mountains, while the front depicts the headlights from a car driving past the water and mountains. The bag has two rolled handles and a flap top with a turnlock closure, while the interior is done in the same Bleu de Prusse leather as the exterior.
Another trend among collectors is smaller handbags, which helps explain the popularity of a group of 20cm Hermès Lindy bags, including:
· Hermès 20cm Blue Pale Clemence Leather Lindy Bag with Palladium Hardware (estimate: $10,000-14,000)
· Hermès 20cm Gold Clemence Leather Lindy Bag with Palladium Hardware (estimate: $8,000-10,000)
· Hermès 20cm Black Clemence Leather Lindy Bag with Palladium Hardware (estimate: $8,000-10,000)
The auction features a pair of exclusive and one of a kind Hermes Petit H handbags – an Hermès Petit H Graphite Vache Hunter Leather, Shiny Jaune Ambre, & Graphite Niloticus Alligator Minaudière with Palladium Hardware and an Hermès Petit H Noir Hunter Leather, Shiny Blue Roi & Emerald Alligator Minaudiere with Palladium Hardware – each of which carries a pre-auction estimate of $6,000-8,000. Petit H craftsmen work with the idea of breathing life into already-existing material to create these extraordinary keepsakes.
An Hermès 28cm Dalmatian Buffalo Leather Retourne Kelly with Palladium Hardware (estimate: $13,000-20,000) is a beautiful limited-edition collector's piece, done in rare Dalmatian Buffalo leather with Palladium hardware, one top handle, a removable shoulder strap, and a flap top with a turnlock closure. The Black Chevre leather has one zip pocket and two slip pockets. This bag includes two keys, a lock and a clochette.
Additional top jewelry lots in the auction include, but are not limited to:
· An Hermès 18K Yellow Gold & Full Diamond Collier de Chien Bracelet (estimate: $20,000-36,000)
· An Hermès Chaîne d'Ancre Lumiere Bracelet in White Gold with Diamonds (estimate: $18,000-26,000)
· An Hermès 18K Yellow Gold & Half Diamond Collier de Chien Bracelet (estimate: $8,000-12,000)
· A Louis Vuitton 18K White Gold & Diamonds Les Ardentes Earrings (estimate: $8,000-10,000)
Other top lots in the auction include, but are not limited to:
· An Hermès 30cm Matte Black Niloticus Crocodile Birkin Bag with Palladium Hardware (estimate: $28,000-34,000)
· An Hermès 23cm Matte Vert D'Eau Alligator Double Gusset Constance Bag with Palladium Hardware (estimate: $26,000-34,000)
· An Hermès 23cm Matte Black Alligator Double Gusset Constance Bag with Palladium Hardware (estimate: $26,000-30,000)
· An Hermès Shiny Mykonos Alligator Kelly Pochette Bag with Gold Hardware (estimate: $22,000-28,000)
· An Hermès Etain Epsom Leather Constance Long To Go Wallet with Palladium Hardware (estimate: $10,000-14,000)
· A Goyard Black Goyardine Coated Canvas Steamer Trunk (estimate: $5,000-7,000)
Also, don't miss the Luxury Accessories Final Session, which will be happening exclusively online immediately following the floor session!
For images and information about any of the 300 lots in the auction, which will include an online-only session immediately after the life session, visit HA.com/5505.
Heritage Auctions is the largest fine art and collectibles auction house founded in the United States, and the world's largest collectibles auctioneer. Heritage maintains offices in New York, Dallas, Beverly Hills, San Francisco, Chicago, Palm Beach, London, Paris, Geneva, Amsterdam and Hong Kong.
Heritage also enjoys the highest Online traffic and dollar volume of any auction house on earth (source: SimilarWeb and Hiscox Report). The Internet's most popular auction-house website, HA.com, has more than 1,250,000 registered bidder-members and searchable free archives of five million past auction records with prices realized, descriptions and enlargeable photos. Reproduction rights routinely granted to media for photo credit.
Steve Lansdale, Public Relations Specialist
- Past Auction Values (prices, photos, full descriptions, etc.)
- Bid online
- Free Collector newsletter
- Want List with instant e-mail notifications
- Reduced auction commissions when you resell your
- Cash Advances
- More Bidders
- Trusted Experts
- Over 200,000 Satisfied Consignors Since 1976
HA.com receives more traffic than any other auction house website. (Source: Similarweb.com)