Search our Archives for press releases from other collectibles:
- All Press Releases
- Art Press Releases
- Coin Press Releases
- Comics Press Releases
- Currency Press Releases
- Domain Names & Intellectual Property Press Releases
- Entertainment Press Releases
- Historical Press Releases
- Jewelry, Timepieces & Luxury Accessories
- Movie Poster Press Releases
- Real Estate Press Releases
- Sports Press Releases
- Wine Press Releases
Press Release - June 5, 2018
Stunning Colored Diamonds Expected to Dazzle at Heritage Auctions’ Summer Fine Jewelry Auction in ChicagoSale also includes a curated Gentleman's Collection & significant pieces from Mr. & Mrs. Gene Autry
"Colored diamonds are extremely popular," Heritage Auctions Senior Director of Fine Jewelry Jill Burgum said, "and considering the number of high-quality colored diamonds that will be offered, we expect that trend to continue in the Summer Fine Jewelry Auction."
A Fancy Yellow Diamond, Diamond, Gold Ring (est. $475,000-525,000) is a showstopper that features a cushion-shaped fancy yellow diamond weighing 29.02 carats, enhanced by full-cut diamonds with a combined weight of approximately 2.70 carats, set in 18k white and yellow gold. The lot is accompanied by a GIA report that states "Natural, Fancy Yellow color, VS1 clarity."
A dual-purpose, Convertible Pendant-Ring features a Fancy Orangy Pink Pear Rose-Cut Diamond (est. $100,000-150,000) weighing 2.83 carats, surrounded by pear and full-cut diamonds with a combined weight of over 3.00 carats, set in 18k white gold.
An exquisite Fancy Intense Green-Yellow Diamond, White Gold Ring (est. $100,000-125,000) features a cushion-shaped fancy intense green-yellow diamond weighing 2.01 carats and is accented by full-cut diamonds with a combined weight of approximately 0.15 carats, set in 18k gold. The ring is accompanied by a GIA report that reads "Natural Fancy Intense Green-Yellow, Even color, VS2 clarity."
For the designer-conscious enthusiast, a Jean Mahie Pink Sapphire, Diamond Suite (est. $40,000-60,000) includes a matching double-sided necklace and bracelet featuring round-cut pink sapphires weighing a total of approximately 14.00 carats and full-cut diamonds weighing a total of approximately 14.00 carats. An alternate suite set providing a Jean Mahie Peridot, Diamond Suite (est. $30,000-40,000) combination is also available for sale. Both necklace and bracelet in both sets also may be combined to create the ultimate long chain, offering an element of attractive versatility.
A significant South Sea Cultured Pearl, Diamond Ring set in platinum signed by Ruser (est. $9,000-12,000) is being offered from the Collection of Mrs. Gene Autry.
The other top lots from Mrs. Autry's collection include:
· Cultured Pearl, Diamond, Platinum, Gold Necklaces (est. $8,000-10,000)
· Diamond, Platinum, Gold Necklace, Oscar Heyman Bros. (est. $8,000-10,000)
A Diamond, Platinum, Gold Necklace (est. $40,000-50,000) features an emerald-cut diamond weighing 5.01 carats, set in platinum, completed by a 14k gold chain. The lot includes a GIA report that states "I color, VS1 clarity."
Other top lots include, but are not limited to:
· Burma Ruby, Diamond, Platinum, Gold Ring est. $40,000-50,000
· Diamond, Platinum Ring, Cartier (est. $35,000-55,000)
· Fancy Yellow Diamond, Gold Earrings (est. $30,000-40,000)
· Burma Ruby, Diamond, Sterling Silver-Topped Gold Earrings (est. $30,000-40,000)
· Diamond, White Gold Necklace, Assil (est. $30,000-40,000)
· Purplish Red Spinel, Diamond, Gold Ring (est. $30,000-40,000)
· Diamond, Peridot, Gold Jewelry Suite, Jean Mahie (est. $30,000-40,000)
The auction also includes a focused offering of Gentleman's jewelry and timepieces from the collection of Dr. G. Scott Phillips, the legendary singer-songwriter Gene Autry and an Oklahoma Gentleman. These collections feature a wide array of cufflinks, dress sets, rings and watches, all fashioned from a variety of gemstones and precious metals. Two unique lots included in this portion of the sale are a Diamond, Gold Plated Brass Hourglass by DeBeers (est. $6,000-8,000) and a Corum Gold Coin, Gold Watch (est. $8,000-10,000).
Top lots from the Gentleman's Collection include, but are not limited to:
· Gentleman's Diamond, Gold Ring (est. $8,000-10,000)
· Gentleman's Ceylon Yellow Sapphire, Gold Ring (est. $8,000-10,000)
· Cat's-Eye Chrysoberyl, Colored Diamond, Diamond, Gold Ring (est. $8,000-10,000)
· Gentleman's Diamond, Gold, Silver Pendant-Necklace (est. $8,000-10,000)
Heritage Auctions is the largest fine art and collectibles auction house founded in the United States, and the world's largest collectibles auctioneer. Heritage maintains offices in New York, Dallas, Beverly Hills, San Francisco, Chicago, Palm Beach, London, Paris, Geneva, Amsterdam and Hong Kong.
The Internet's most popular auction-house website, HA.com, has over one million registered bidder-members and searchable free archives of four million past auction records with prices realized, descriptions and enlargeable photos. Reproduction rights routinely granted to media for photo credit.
Steve Lansdale, Public Relations Specialist
- Past Auction Values (prices, photos, full descriptions, etc.)
- Bid online
- Free Collector newsletter
- Want List with instant e-mail notifications
- Reduced auction commissions when you resell your
- Cash Advances
- More Bidders
- Trusted Experts
- Over 200,000 Satisfied Consignors Since 1976
HA.com receives more traffic than any other auction house website. (Source: Similarweb.com)