DescriptionDiamond, Platinum, White Gold Necklace
The necklace features a kite-shaped diamond measuring 13.53 x 11.42 x 4.82 mm and weighing 4.05 carats, enhanced by a full-cut diamond weighing approximately 0.45 carat, set in platinum, suspended by 18k white gold chain. A GIA Laboratory report # 21836919, dated March 11, 2008, stating G* color (This diamond has been processed by high pressure/high temperature (HPHT) to change its color), VVS1 clarity, and weighing 4.05 carats. Gross weight 5.00 grams.
Length: 16 inches
High Pressure High Temperature Treatment (HPHT)
The invention of the High Pressure High Treatment (HPHT) process dates to the 1990s when scientists, experimenting with ways to permanently alter the color of some gem quality diamonds, created a complex treatment process that, in its simplest form, is a way of taking high clarity lower color diamonds and transitioning them into more eye-pleasing gems ranging from pink to blue, green, yellowish-green, yellow and colorless.
HPHT Diamond Facts:
· HPHT is permanent.
· The Federal Trade Commission (FTC) requires that HPHT be disclosed.
· Most HPHT diamonds weigh over 1/2 carat.
· HPHT diamonds should cost less than similar natural untreated diamonds having the same grade.
· Gemological Institute of America (GIA) grading reports now indicate when HPHT treatments are detected by stating "HPHT Annealed" or "Artificially Irradiated" in the Origins portion of a report.
Estimate: $30,000 - $40,000.
Diamond Average Color: G-H-I
Diamond Certification No: 218636919
Diamond Lab: Gemolgocial Institute of America
Diamond Average Clarity: VVS
Diamond Shapes: Modified Kite Step Cut, Full-cut
Diamond Count: 1 - 25
Overall Condition: Very Good
Notes: Stunning necklace. A one-of-a-kind item!
*Heritage Auctions strongly encourages in-person inspection of items by the bidder. Statements by Heritage regarding the condition of objects are for guidance only and should not be relied upon as statements of fact, and do not constitute a representation, warranty, or assumption of liability by Heritage. All lots offered are sold "AS IS".
Fees, Shipping, and Handling Description: Miscellaneous Collectibles, Small (view shipping information)
Sales Tax information | Terms and Conditions
Bidding Guidelines and Bid Increments
Glossary of Terms
Buyer's Premium per Lot:
19.5% of the successful bid (minimum $14) per lot.
- Past Auction Values (prices, photos, full descriptions, etc.)
- Bid online
- Free Collector newsletter
- Want List with instant e-mail notifications
- Reduced auction commissions when you resell your
- Cash Advances
- More Bidders
- Trusted Experts
- Over 200,000 Satisfied Consignors Since 1976
HA.com receives more traffic than any other auction house website. (Source: Similarweb.com)