DescriptionDiamond, Platinum Ring
The ring features an emerald-cut diamond measuring 10.12 x 8.57 x 5.35 mm and weighing 4.07 carats, flanked by baguette-cut diamonds, set in platinum. A GIA Laboratory report # 5111517504, dated March 1, 2010, stating F* color (This diamond has been processed by high pressure / high temperature (HPHT) to change its color), VVS2 clarity, and weighing 4.07 carats accompanies the featured diamond. Total diamond weight is approximately 4.57 carats. Gross weight 5.70 grams.
*Note: Size 7-1/2 (sizeable)
High Pressure High Temperature Treatment (HPHT)
The invention of the High Pressure High Treatment (HPHT) process dates to the 1990s when scientists, experimenting with ways to permanently alter the color of some gem quality diamonds, created a complex treatment process that, in its simplest form, is a way of taking high clarity lower color diamonds and transitioning them into more eye-pleasing gems ranging from pink to blue, green, yellowish-green, yellow and colorless.
HPHT Diamond Facts:
· HPHT is permanent.
· The Federal Trade Commission (FTC) requires that HPHT be disclosed.
· Most HPHT diamonds weigh over 1/2 carat.
· HPHT diamonds should cost less than similar natural untreated diamonds having the same grade.
· Gemological Institute of America (GIA) grading reports now indicate when HPHT treatments are detected by stating "HPHT Annealed" or "Artificially Irradiated" in the Origins portion of a report.
Diamond Average Color: D-E-F
Diamond Average Clarity: VVS
Diamond Shapes: Emerald, Baguette
Diamond Count: 1 - 25
Overall Condition: Very Good
Notes: Girdle Insciption reads: HPHT PROCESSED.
*Heritage Auctions strongly encourages in-person inspection of items by the bidder. Statements by Heritage regarding the condition of objects are for guidance only and should not be relied upon as statements of fact, and do not constitute a representation, warranty, or assumption of liability by Heritage. All lots offered are sold "AS IS".
Fees, Shipping, and Handling Description: Miscellaneous Collectibles, Small (view shipping information)
Sales Tax information | Terms and Conditions
Bidding Guidelines and Bid Increments
Glossary of Terms
Bids + Registered Phone Bidders: 1
Lot Tracking Activity: N/A
Page Views: 4,024
Buyer's Premium per Lot:
19.5% of the successful bid (minimum $14) per lot.
Viewing at %
Please enter a value between % and 100% and press your "Enter" key. CloseFit to screen View Full Size Brightness
- Past Auction Values (prices, photos, full descriptions, etc.)
- Bid online
- Free Collector newsletter
- Want List with instant e-mail notifications
- Reduced auction commissions when you resell your
- Cash Advances
- More Bidders
- Trusted Experts
- Over 200,000 Satisfied Consignors Since 1976
HA.com receives more traffic than any other auction house website. (Source: Similarweb.com)
2017 December 5 - 6 Holiday Luxury Accessories Signature Auction - New York
REALIZED SO FAR $1,849,198